Sunday 5 March 2017

Not a Review but a TBR

So.. I was really hoping I'd be reviewing my latest read but it just hasn't worked out. I have however been fortunate enough to receive a few books/ proof copies to read. So I thought I'd tell you all about some of the lovelies I've got lined up.

I have to say, in all honesty whether it's one or five I'm always so grateful to get books from people and just love to have another beautiful book waiting for me to read on my shelf (like most readers there's always a few more than we like to admit waiting to be read on our ever filled shelves but we love it really). So a big THANKYOU if you've sent me a book recently or not recently.

Anyhow,  here's three (because I love the number 3) books on my shelf that I'll be reviewing over the next few weeks...

Room Empty by Sarah Mussi

'Room Empty' tells the story of Dani and Fletcher. Both of whom have significant struggles within their life. Dani struggles with anorexia and Fletcher with drugs both are patients at Daisy Bank Rehab Centre. As both battle to face their inner demons they help face each others difficulties too.

It's described on the proof blurb as 'an intoxicating story of pain, fear and redemption' which really convinced me I have to read this book.

I read several of Rock the Boat's YA releases last year and they definitely publish fantastic books including: The Island by Olivia Levez (who will soon be releasing a new book 'The Circus' YAY!) and Dana Reinhardt's Tell Us Something True

P.s. Is the cover not just stunning?


Room Empty is published by Rock The Boat books an imprint of One World Publications on the 6th April 2017.




And Then We Ran by Katy Cannon


'And Then We Ran' tells the story of a road trip. 
At the lovely Stripes YA event last month Katy Cannon enthusiastically encouraged us into writing our own road trip story which was really enjoyable! 
I was then lucky enough to win a proof of her book too.

The story tells of Megan and Elliot who embark on a road trip. Megan is determined to pursue what she wants in life and Elliot has no plans at all.
But this isn't just any road trip it's one to get married and they'll discover much more than they ever thought.


I love the setting of a journey and am really excited to read this.


And Then We Ran is published by Stripes also on the 6th April 2017.



See How They Lie by Sue Wallman

'See How They Lie' is Sue Wallman's second book and having really enjoyed her first book (Lying About Last Summer), I was really glad when a finished copy arrived on my doorstep.

Sue's newest book tells the story of Mae who resides in a state-of the-art retreat Hummingbird Creek specially for teens with psychological problems. Those there receive help from a prominent psychiatrist none other than her own father.

Life there consists of rules and regimen and when Mae tests the boundaries responses are severe.  Mae begins to question everything about the very life she knows so well. Questions can be dangerous.


I first heard about this book at Scholastic's Blogger's brunch and it was difficult not to be excited, I love the psychiatric wellness retreat context of the book and I'm really looking forward to reading it.

See How They Lie was published by Scholastic on the 2nd March 2017.



Well that's all for now, thanks for reading,

Sophia +BrokeFromBooks 

No comments:

Post a Comment